Hello everyone! So now that you have hopefully tried and loved the easy Turkey and Spinach lasagna recipe, Let’s talk about exercise, specifically cardio. Eating cleanly (fresh, healthy, low-fat) is the bulk (80%) of what you can control in reference to your body’s appearance and composition.
Exercise is also a critical piece of this puzzle though it makes up a smaller percentage (10%) If you apply both, diet+ exercise, you can control approximately 90% of your body’s total composition.
Do you remember, the 80-10-10 rule that we have discussed? This is very important! 80% of your body’s composition can be controlled through diet alone; however, when you also add in exercise, it is like this insane one-two punch. To ultimately reach you goals you really have to apply both.
Exercise is further broken down into two categories cardio and weight training. Both are equally important but for different reasons. Cardio exercise should be performed every day or minimally 5 days a week for at least 30-45 minutes. It should be difficult to hold a conversation during this time period. To ensure that you spend the appropriate time in fat burn mode I strongly recommend investing in a heart rate monitor.
I have tried many over the years but I have found the Polar Heart Rate Monitor to be my favorite. In the beginning it is difficult and confusing to know exactly what your level of aerobic fitness is. It’s important to establish and understand these parameters so that you do not over or under exceed yourself. Check out the Polar Watch website for additional information.
The following workout should be performed at your own pace. Please consult with a physician prior to beginning any new work out plan. This plan is devised to be tough. My motto is go hard and then go home. I don’t want to spend my day at the gym or exercising. I fully subscribe to the words “No pain no gain.” If it is easy, it probably needs to be harder. If it’s difficult but not painful, it is probably just about right. Let’s do this!
Today’s workout emphasis is the cardio piece.
- Jog in place for 1 minute (heart rate should be low end of your max) 220-your age (easy to talk )
- Jumping jacks 30 secs (more difficult to engage in conversation)
- Running Man aka mountain climbers 45 seconds (hard to hold a conversation)
- Rest for 30 secs
- Jog in place for 2 minute
- Jumping jacks 2 minutes
- Running Man aka mountain climbers 1 minute
- Rest for 45 secs
- Repeat 3 more times (you are performing this series 4 times total)…jog, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, rest
- Walk for 1 minute
- Light jog for 1 minute this should be only slightly difficult to engage in conversation
- Repeat 3 more times (you are performing this series 4 times total) Walk, jog
Congratulations! You have completed your first cardio blast with K-Fit! You are on your way to being Fit & Fabulous! Have a great week-end!!