Just made this one for the family last night. It was a hit! It was super easy too. I hope you will love it as much as we did. Trying out new recipes is a great way to avoid routine and food boredom. With the flavors this dish contains, you certainly will not feel deprived in any way.
- 3 3/4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into bite size cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and next 4 ingredients (through hot pepper sauce) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine remaining 2 3/4 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cashews to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; place in a bowl. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds. Add chicken and cornstarch mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick. Sprinkle with cashews and green onions.
- Serve with Uncle Bens microwave brown rice ready in 90 sec
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 13.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Calcium: 33mg